Media Law Institute is a non-governmentalorganization, founded in 2005. Our mission is contributing to the development of the society of active citizens through impartial and professional media expertise, elaborationand implementation of high quality media law, media education, legal protection of journalists and citizens, promoting freedom of speech and fundamental human rights.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic and operational management within the organization;
- Development and ensuring implementation of the strategicmid-term plan of the organization, its annual plans, and result assessmentframeworks;
- Risk assessment, elaboration and oversight over therisk management policy of the organization;
- Development and ensuring implementation of themonitoring and evaluation framework for the organization activity;
- Coordinate holding of the organization-widestrategic and planning sessions;
- Mapping out delegation of responsibilitieswithin the organization, including job descriptions for staff;
- Maintaining liaisons with donors, communication withand reporting to; and
- other duties as assigned.
Expected competenciesand experience:
- Higher education in Business Administration / HR / Law/ Social Sciences or other related fields;
- At least 3 years’ experience at senior administrative or project manager positions;
- Track record of previous work in the area of managing civil society organizations or projects at the national level, including strategic planning and division of roles, reporting to donor organizations;
- Excellent writing skills (creation of documents, strategies and reports) and speaking;
- Ukrainian and English language proficiency;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Team-player and ability to build effective connections in the team, unite and motivate;
- Ability to take substantiated and well-informed decisions, to realize their effects and outcomes;
- Adherence to the values of human rights protection, freedom of expression and rule of law.
Starting date (when the selected candidate isexpected to start): 2 September 2013.
Please, send us your CV and a letter ofinterest/motivation by 22 August 2013 to email@example.com.