Centre for Democracy and Rule of Law experts (former Media Law Institute) were coauthors of the following laws in force:
- Law of Ukraine “On Amendments to Some Laws of Ukraine on Public Service Television and Radio Broadcasting of Ukraine” (2015)
- Law of Ukraine “On Public Service Television and Radio Broadcasting of Ukraine” (2014)
- Law of Ukraine “On Access to Public Information” (2011)
- Law of Ukraine “On Information” in new version (with amendments of 2011)
- Law of Ukraine “On Amendments to Some Laws of Ukraine on Improvement of Some Provisions on Limiting Places of Tobacco Smoking” (2012), also known as “Law on smoking in public places ban”
- Law of Ukraine “On Amendments to Some Legislative Acts of Ukraine on ban on advertising, sponsorship and stimulating of tobacco goods selling” (2012), also known as “law on ban on tobacco advertising”
- Law of Ukraine “On National Council on Television and Radio Broadcasting” (2006).
Besides, on 9 April 2015, Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine voted in favor of the draft law on access to the archives of repressive communist totalitarian regime of 1917 – 1991, drafted with CEDEM’s experts’ participation. Now, the law is in preparation for the Chairman’s of Verkhovna Rada signature, and it will enter into force after the official publication.
Currently, we are working on amendments to the legislation on reforming (privatization) of state and municipal press, on amendments to the legislation on elections in the part of media regulations, as well as on development of another media drafts of law and amendments to legislation: on providing transparency of media property, transition to digital broadcasting, improvement of regulations on electronic media, press, access to information etc.