From 11 till 13 of March 30 regional Lab’s trainers have been acquiring new skills to counteract corruption. During these days, the participants have learnt to detect corruption schemes in public procurement locally and the ways to appeal against, to counteract corruption in electric supply and public utilities and amenities, how to analyse the declarations of the deputies and public officials, how to successfully launch an anticorruption campaign and conduct journalistic investigation, and media literacy and its role in fighting corruption.
During these days, the anticorruption activists had an opportunity to listen to well-known expert and civil society activities, among them are
- Lawyer of NGO “Anticorruption Action Center” Serhiy Mytkalyk;
- Experts of civil network OPORA Tetiana Boyko and Oleksandr Horlushko;
- Expert of Transparency International Ukraine Dmytro Yakymchuk;
- Cofounder of Kantseliarska Sotnia Dmytro Chaplinsky
- Chief editor of the project “Nashi Groshi” Oleksiy Shalanskiy;
- Investigative journalist of the programme “Schemes” (“Skhemy”) Maksym Savchuk;
- Manager of anticorruption campaign “Chysti Vyshi” Mariia Symonova;
- Development director of Media Law Institute Tetiana Semiletko;
- Executive director of NGO Center UA, the member of the Board of the Reanimation Package of Reforms Inna Borzylo.
Knowledge and skills attained during these days of Module II, the trainers of Lab of Active Citizens will spread among their colleagues in cities, towns and villages during the regional trainings which are scheduled to be conducted in 16 regions in April of this year.
The detailed text in Ukrainian you can find here.
The photos of the event can be found here.
The project Lab of Active Citizens is supported by Ukraine National Initiatives to Enhance Reforms (UNITER) program, which is implemented by Pact and made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).