Last week Media Law Institute in partnership with the Reanimation Package of Reforms in the framework of Lab of Active Citizens held the anticorruption trainings in Luhansk, Zhytomyr and Kirovograd regions.
Approximately 80 participants took part in the trainings, among whom were also deputies of local authorities, civil society activists, and journalists.
The participants of the anticorruption trainings of the Module1 have learnt not only about the definition of the corruption and its types, but also about the instruments to counter and prevent corruption, anticorruption legislation and governmental bodies, effective anticorruption instruments, and how to use a request for information as a tool to control the authorities, etc. Moreover, the participants had the opportunity to listen to the expertise of various speakers and the success stories of several civil society organisations.
During these three days, such speakers took stage as:
- Anatoliy Tobilko, the Chairman of the Board of the “Civic Studio”
- Vitaliy Zhuhay, the regional coordinator of the project “Lab of Active Citizens”
- Olga Rudnutska, the Doctor of Law, Associate Professor of Law in Zhytomyr Ivan Franko State University,
- Olesia Kholopik, the project manager of Lab of Active Citizens;
- Khrystyna Burtnyk, the lawyer of Media Law Institute
- Volodymyr Pinkovskiy, the regional coordination of the movement CHESNO
- Serhiy Yatsyk, the expert of Lab of Active Citizens
- Anatoliy Stoyan, the regional coordinator of the campaign “Follow the Money” of the Movement “CHESNO.
- Wanda Savinova, the regional coordinator of the portal IGOV.UA in Zhytomyr region
- Zoya Lebid, the journalist of “Our Money” and the civil activist of the civil network “OPORA”.
The detailed text together with the participants’ quotes in Ukrainian you can find here.
Photos of the events can be found here.