Last week the Lab of Active citizens conducted the last two trainings of the first module in Odesa and Zaporizhzhya regions, which were organised by Media Law Institute in partnership with the Reanimation Package of Reforms.
During a one-day training session, the participants have learnt about corruption and its types, effective anticorruption instruments and ways of preventing corruption, anticorruption legislation and governmental bodies, and about a request for information as a tool to control the authorities, etc.
The participants had the opportunity to listen to such experts:
- Oleksiy Chorniy, the head of NGO “Anticorruption office” (Odesa)
- Vitaliy Zhuhay, the regional coordinator of the project “Lab of Active Citizens”
- Halyna Chyzhyk, the lawyer of Media Law Institute
- Kateryna Hutsol, the coworker of “Anticorruption Office” (Odesa)
- Ihor Zubko, the expert and the vice-president of NGO “Zaporizka Human Rights League “Universal”
- Olesia Kholopik, the project manager of Lab of Active Citizens;
- Kateryna Dvornichenko, the expert in questions on access to public information (Zaporizhzhya).
The detailed text together with the participants’ quotes in Ukrainian you can find here.
Photos of the events can be found here.