To the Presidents and Prime Ministers of NATO member states:
Ilir Meta, the President of Albania,
Alexander De Croo, the Prime Minister of Belgium,
Boris Johnson, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom,
Katerina Sakellaropoulou, the President of Greece,
Mette Frederiksen, the Prime Minister of Denmark,
Guðni Jóhannesson, the President of Iceland,
Pedro Sánchez, the Prime Minister of Spain,
Sergio Mattarella, the President of Italy,
Justin Trudeau, the Prime Minister of Canada,
Xavier Bettel, the Prime Minister of Luxembourg,
Willem-Alexander, the President of the Netherlands,
Frank-Walter Steinmeier, the President of Germany,
Jonas Gahr Støre, the Prime Minister of Norway,
Andrzej Duda, the President of Poland,
Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, the President of Portugal,
Joe Biden, the President of the United States,
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, the President of Turkey,
Janos Ader, the President of Hungary,
Emmanuel Macron, the President of France,
Miloš Zeman, the President of the Czech Republic,
Gitanas Nauseda, the President of Lithuania,
Egils Levits, the President of Latvia,
Alar Karis, the President of Estonia,
Klaus Iohannis, the President of Romania,
Rumen Radev, the President of Bulgaria,
Zuzana Čaputová, the President of Slovakia,
Borut Pahor, the President of Slovenia,
Zoran Milanovi, the President of Croatia,
Milo Đukanović, President of Montenegro
Dear International Partners!
Ukraine is currently facing an escalation of the military invasion by the Russian Federation. At around 4 AM on 24 February, Russia attacked Ukraine and launched a war. The hostilities and shelling affected 17 regions of Ukraine (according to the data from the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine), including the outskirts of Kyiv (Boryspil airport). As of 10:30 AM on 24 February 2022, there are 40 casualties, including children. Russian troops have launched missile and bomb attacks on airfields, military depots and facilities in many regions, including the western regions of Ukraine, so there are virtually no safe regions in the whole country. The aggressor launched artillery shelling along the state border (section of the border with Russia and Belarus), which was by breakthrough of the state border in a number of areas. Russian troops are also attacking from Crimea and the temporarily occupied territories of eastern Ukraine (ORDLO) together with L/DNR militants.
The Armed Forces of Ukraine are repelling the attack with all their might, fighting and stopping the enemy at the frontline. The civilian population continues to suffer as a result of shelling by Russian troops.
These are the real facts that confirm the real threat to the whole world and to the European and Euro-Atlantic community in particular.
We, the civil society representatives and active citizens who have signed up below, are asking for your help:
- To impose devastating sanctions against Russia NOW, including Russia’s disconnection from SWIFT, embargo on Russian oil and gas.
- To completely isolate Russia in all the ways, in all the formats.
- To intensify supplies of weapons and military equipment to Ukraine.
- To introduce NATO ground and air forces into Ukraine.
- To provide financial assistance, in particular to Hospitallers who save the lives of our military and ensure other types of support.
- To help to resettle the – women with small children, the elderly, whose homes are situated in the shelling areas.
We hope for your timely reaction to the actions of the aggressor and help in the liberation of Ukraine, the restoration of its integrity as a shield between the civilized world and the killer putin.
- All-Ukrainian Initiative “Active Community”
- Centre for Democracy and Rule of Law
- NGO “Smart Media”
- Reanimation Package of Reforms Coalition
- Lyudmyla Chernenko, head of the “Eco-Friendly” initiative, entrepreneur
- Center for Political and Legal Reforms
- Tetyana Duma, LLC Yarilo Group of Companies (Kyiv)
- Kateryna Barabash, MHP (Kyiv)
- Ksenia Zoriychuk, O2 Beauty Salon (Lviv)
- Civil Organizarion Human Rights Association “Femida” Kremenchuk
- Halyna Melnichuk, DIVINO COMPANY LLC
- Oksana Shvets, NGO “VO “Vinnychanka”
- NGO “Primorsk 24/7”
- NGO “Union of Local Historians of Primorsk”
- NGO “Heart of the East”
- Anna Serdyuk, a resident of Kyiv
- Mykyta Pysarevsky, a resident of Kyiv (Senior UX Designer ex Grubhub)
- Anna Kovalenko , a resident of Sviatopetrivske, Kyiv region
- NGO “Security and Welfare”
- Non-governmental organization «Safety and well-being»