Friendly pre-Moot competition took place on 19 March 2016, which was conducted within the framework of Price Media Law Moot Court Competition. The event itself will take place in Oxford from 30th March until 2nd of April this year.
The teams of students – lawyers from National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy” and Latvian University presented to the judges the positions of a plaintiff and a defendant regarding the infringement of the right to freedom of expression.
According to the judges, the participants of the pre-Moot demonstrated the high level of preparation and deep knowledge of media law.
The judges of the competition were:
- the director of Media Law Institute Taras Shevchenko,
- the Deputy Minister of Justice for European Integration, the lecturer of the National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy” Serhiy Petukhov,
- the lecturers of the department of international law and special legal sciences of the National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy” Miroslava Antonovych and Olga Asadchy,
- the lawyer and the development director of Media Law Institute Tetiana Semiletko,
- the program manager of the international organization “International Media Support” in Ukraine Antonina Cherevko.
A special guest of the competition was the co-organiser of the Price Media Law Moot Court Competition Nevena Kryvokapich.
The pre-Moot was organized by Media Law Institute in collaboration with the National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy.”
The event is held within the framework of the project “Promoting human rights and democracy and strengthening civil society and media in Azerbaijan, Ukraine, and Belarus” of the international organization “International Media Support» (IMS) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Norway.