On April 7, 2023, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine adopted a resolution depriving volunteers injured while helping civilians of financial support.
We are talking about the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine № 310 dated 04/07/2023 “On Amendments to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated August 19, 2015 No. 604”: https://bit.ly/3GyQ3F4, which regulates the issues of payment of lump-sum monetary assistance to volunteers injured in war zones and family members of deceased volunteers.
The amendments were long-awaited, because they were aimed at bringing Resolution No. 604 in compliance with the Law of Ukraine No. 2519-ІХ of August 15, 2022 “On Amendments to the Law of Ukraine “On Volunteer Activity” to support volunteer activities. Namely, the effect of Resolution No. 604 was extended to the entire territory of Ukraine. Before that, only volunteers injured in the Luhansk and Donetsk Regions had been able to receive benefits.
At the same time, the provision on the possibility of receiving financial assistance (in case of disability or death of a volunteer) in case the volunteers rendered assistance in the territories of hostilities not to the military, but to civilians was removed from Resolution No. 604.
Let us recall that civil society organizations have repeatedly appealed to the Government, the Ministry of Veterans Affairs of Ukraine, which was authorized to develop a new version of Resolution No. 604, on the inadmissibility of removal from the text of Resolution No. 604 of the provision on the right of injured volunteers who provided assistance to citizens, affected civilians in areas of hostilities to receive assistance from the state. The statement on this issue was supported by 33 NGOs and charitable organizations in January 2022: https://bit.ly/3QVkCIZ. However, the position of the public was unfortunately not taken into account.
We consider this situation unacceptable in Ukraine, where volunteers are one of the guarantees of Ukraine’s future victory, helping both military and civilians.
We urge the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Ministry of Social Policy, the Ministry of Veterans Affairs to develop and approve amendments to the Resolution No. 604 as soon as possible, which will restore the right to receive a lump-sum monetary benefit in case of death or disability of volunteers assisting citizens, injured civilians with the involvement of representatives of the volunteer community and civil society organizations in the process.
Please fill out this short form if your civil society organization supports and is willing to sign this Statement.
- Initiative Center to Support Social Action “Ednannia” NGO
- NGO Centre for Democracy and Rule of Law
- NGO Ukrainian Center for Independent Political Research
- PA Reanimation Package of Reforms
- CF Podilska Community Foundation
- Access Point NGO
- NGO Community Development Center
- NGO “Ukrainian Union of Maidan Activists “INVINCIBLE”
- Zakarpatski Gazdy PA
- Caritas Ukraine Charitable Foundation
- Public Committee to Commemorate Ukrainian Heroes NGO
- “Legal Hundred” NGO
- UA Fishing Club NGO
- Humanitarian Center Association “Everything Would Be Fine” PA
- Charitable Foundation “Everything Will Be Fine-Ukraine” CO
- Caritas Zaporizhzhia Charitable Foundation CO
- Chernobyl Veterans BF
- Human Rights Center ZMINA NGO
- Podilska Berehynia Charitable Foundation CO
- Hedgehog (Yizhachok) NGO
- Kharkiv Regional NGO “People’s Initiative”
- Czech Humanitarian Organization “People in Need”
- Center of Information Studies and Resource Service “Meridian”
- CF Power of Women O
- NGO Building Ukraine Together
- Donetsk Regional Organization of the Red Cross Society of Ukraine
- Center of Youth Initiatives
- Initiative “Constitutional Sector of the Maidan of the Ukrainian People”
- Art Workshop “Ladder” (Drabyna) NGO