What is advocacy, what does the cycle of changes consist of, what are the advocacy goals and objectives – this was learned by the representatives of mentee organizations during the final class as part of the first training module of the Mentorship Program 3.0.
Denys Davydenko, head of the Advocacy and International Relations Department of the RPR Coalition, told the class attendees about the key stages of the advocacy process in detail.
The trainer shared his own experience in developing and implementing advocacy campaigns.
In particular, the mentees learned that in order to legitimize the recommendations for the authorities, it is necessary to:
- Develop the document by engaging as many experts and organizations as possible;
- Hold initial discussions of the document by engaging as many stakeholders as possible;
- Hold additional discussions and public consultations by engaging as many citizens as possible;
- Present the document and launch the advocacy campaign.
After the participants learned about practical advocacy tools, features of stakeholder identification and their engagement, they also completed a practical task:
- Try to detail the list of stakeholders for their own initiatives they are working on as part of the Mentorship Program 3.0;
- Allocate them into appropriate groups;
- Identify the advocacy tools to be used in interaction with the stakeholders.
The theory and practice that the mentees learned with the help of Denys Davydenko will allow them to continue working on the topics they are currently working on.
You can find out what initiatives mentees are implementing this year with the support of mentors in the presentations of mentor-mentee pairs. Just follow the hashtag #МенторськаПрограма3_0
Mentorship Program 3.0 is implemented as part of the Project Ukraine Civil Society Sectoral Support Activity implemented by the Initiative Center to Support Social Action “Ednannia” in partnership with the Ukrainian Center for Independent Political Research (UCIPR) and Centre for Democracy and Rule of Law with the sincere support of the American people through United States Agency for International Development.