12 mentee organizations from different parts of Ukraine, with the support of mentors, decided on problems in their own communities which they will work on this year.
The Mentorship Program 3.0 was officially launched on February 23, 2022. The full-scale invasion affected the plans of the mentee organizations and their cooperation with the mentors. The priorities in the communities where the participants of this year’s Program work have also changed.
In June, the organizations presented the topics they are already working on.
- NGO Realizable Dream from Novohrodivka, Donetsk Region are developing a methodology for analyzing the needs of IDPs to further develop the concept of integrating IDPs into community life(mentor – Anastasiia Prokopenko, NGO Access Point).
- Association of Public Advisors of Ukraine will contribute to the regulation of the activity of the Institute of Public Advisors in Ukrainian legislation(mentor – Denys Davydenko, RPR Coalition).
- NGO Let the Children Move from Lviv will work on the adoption of a city program that would allow the use of bureau desks in the educational process(mentor – Anna Orlovska, NGO Institute of Socio-Cultural Management).
- NGO Triple Thread (Potriina Nytka) will be determining urgent inclusive needs and a way to be as useful as possible for people who need it most now (mentor – Iryna Sarancha, NGO Vinnytsia City Organization for Social Development and Growth of Certain Vulnerable Categories of Youth Parostok (Sprout)).
- Boiar Community Foundation from Boiarka of the Kyiv Region focused on promoting the creation of conditions for the support of local business(mentor – Nataliia Seliukova, NGO UkrProstir).
- NGO Bridges over the Dnipro from Kamianske of the Dnipropetrovsk Region will work on the integration into the life of the community of people who were forced to leave their homes due to active hostilities(mentor – Alona Lunova, ZMINA Human Rights Center).
- NGO Youth Democratic Association “YODA” is studying the specifics of the financial stability of the organization(mentor – Viacheslav Bykov, Tabletochki CF).
- NGO Join and Change will contribute to the development of women’s entrepreneurship for Kolomyia ATC(mentor – Mariia Zviahintseva, NGO The Legal Hundred).
- NGO Future of Koropshchyna is currently exploring which tools of public participation in the community really work, and which exist only formally(mentor – Uliana Voloshynivska, Western Ukrainian Resource Center).
- NGO Korolivske Youth will be developing youth councils of the Lviv Region(mentor – Dmytro Mitsevych, Ukrainian People’s House in Chernivtsi Society).
- NGO “We are from Ukraine”will be creating a system for providing psychological assistance at the community level (mentors – Mariia Bondarenko and Viktor Shylov, “Light of Hope” CO).
- NGO Our City is Our Home will work on information accessibility of materials published on the website of the Uzhhorod City Council for people with disabilities and other population groups(mentor – Inha Dudnik, NGO Territory of Success).
The first training module for the mentees has already been completed. Next, representatives of these organizations will work on the development and implementation of advocacy campaigns, will get new knowledge on the development and sustainability of CSO activities, as well as support from their mentors.
Mentorship Program 3.0 is implemented as part of the Project Ukraine Civil Society Sectoral Support Activity implemented by the Initiative Center to Support Social Action “Ednannia” in partnership with the Ukrainian Center for Independent Political Research (UCIPR) and Centre for Democracy and Rule of Law with the sincere support of the American people through United States Agency for International Development.